PRSSA is the student society of PRSA. It was founded in 1968 to better foster and promote a relationship between students and professional public relations practitioners.
PRSSA has more than 9,600 members at 284 universities across the country. Benefits of membership include:
- Leadership opportunities on the local and national level
- Networking with public relations professionals
- Professional development and training through chapter meetings and conferences
- Scholarship opportunities
- The chance to learn more about your future career with like-minded students in a fun, collaborative environment
The Puget Sound Chapter of PRSA sponsors PRSSA chapters at three universities in Washington:
Central Washington University, Ellensburg
Seattle University, Seattle
Barry Mitzman (Member, Puget Sound Chapter)firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Washington, Seattle
Prof. Kathleen Fearn-Banks (Member, Puget Sound Chapter)
PRSSA offers an affiliate membership to students who attend universities without a PRSSA chapter. For more information on the affiliate program, visit http://www.prssa.org/about/affiliate.aspx.
If your college does not have a PRSSA program, please contact us. We can put you in touch with faculty and, in some cases, PR-oriented student groups at your school.